New year, new you - A guide to help you make Fashion Resolutions this year
Resolutions don't always have to be those dreadful promises you make at the beginning of every year, only to be lost and forgotten. When it comes to fashion, committing to some new resolutions can help reinvigorate your personal style. 2018 is the year of making leaps and regardless of whether you are a fashion enthusiast or not it’s time to take your style to the next level.
Fashion is not complex, and it is all about redefining your personal style and what you want your wardrobe to say about you.
Clothes/accessories always help reflect the personality and they should serve the purpose of making you feel confident, no matter where you’re going and what you’re doing.Here’s a list of 10 things you should consider for making your Fashion Resolutions this year
- Don’t take yourself too seriously-both in your wardrobe and your life
- Step out of your comfort zone and try contemporary trends/colours/patterns
- Buy less, buy better- Don’t invest too much in thoughtless purchases instead choose things that go a long way and enhance your look
- Define your clothes don’t let them define you
- Choose your go-to outfits and perfect them in a way that they can be dressed up or dressed down effortlessly
- Prep your outfits ahead of time. Planning for a week's worth of outfits saves you time to perfect your style, ensuring that clothes are steamed, and accessories are thought about.
- Mix & Match- Don’t restrict one outfit to one occasion only. Match the same with different shoes/accessories and play around with bright skirts and pants.
- Invest in Jewellery: Oversize and chunky jewellery deserve to be the centre of attention. By keeping the rest of your outfit simple, accessories don't have to fight for attention
- Get Inspired by nature: If something in the world inspires your sense of style, find ways to integrate it into your wardrobe. The nature offers a wonderful palette that could make your collection fresh and interesting.
- Take care- Take time to fold/hang clothesthe way they should be. Since you've invested in some beautiful pieces, it's a must to start treating your clothes with respect.
- 2018 is all about 'out with the old, in with the new'. Make your resolutions now and embrace the Fashionista within you.
The author is a HR personnel at The College of Fashion and Design. She holds a Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management and a Bachelor Degree in Mass Communication & Journalism. She likes to write content for Fashion blogs and other events related to marketing during her free time.
For more information about The College of Fashion and Design and the courses offered-Bachelor Degree and Short Courses visit www.cfd-dubai.com